Commercial Pest Management
Ark Pest Control & Prevention’s Pest Management program services our clients’ businesses monthly for monitoring and upkeep using integrated pest management techniques. Depending on the issue or weather, we treat at other intervals such as quarterly or bi-monthly.
We are experts with pest elimination in businesses such as foodservice, healthcare, hospitality, office buildings, retail and education. Protect your business from many of the pests that are common to Virginia. Our program is based on Ark Pest Control & Prevention’s years of professional experience eliminating residential pests.
The Quarterly Pest Management service is guaranteed to control all crawling pests, including but not limited to:
In The Pantry
Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
IPM is an ecosystem-based strategy that focuses on long-term prevention of pests or their damage through a combination of techniques such as biological control, habitat manipulation, and modification of cultural practices. Pest control materials are selected and applied in a manner that minimizes risks to human health, beneficial and nontarget organisms, and the environment (ucanr.edu).
Ark Pest Control & Prevention’s Quarterly Pest Management program employs IPM practices. IPM is the most effective and comprehensive approach to pest eradication and prevention offered in today’s market as proven by the NPMA and other professional pest management organizations. Our IPM approach successfully produces a pest-free environment without having to rely totally on traditional pest control products. We also employ an ‘excluding’ approach such as closing cracks and gaps in foundations.
Trust Our Certified and Trained Pest Professionals
All of Ark Pest Control & Prevention technicians must first pass Virginia’s required testing and training criteria to become a Registered Certified Technician. Then they must undergo Ark’s rigorous pest training curriculum prior to being Ark Pest Control & Prevention certified. Once employed, our technicians meet monthly for continuing education courses to stay up-to-date with seasonal trends and new pest management and safety methods. Ark is now an NPMA (National Pest Management Association) member, and utilizes NPMA’s continuing education training materials to stay up to date on the latest practices and recommendations.
- Inspection of the property.
- Identification of problems or conditions conducive to future pest problems.
- Outside – Treat perimeter with a 3-5 foot radius, providing a barrier to prevent pests from entering the home.
- Inside – Products only placed in areas that will best serve in reducing or eliminating pests from your home.
- Recommendation and Education – Technicians will give clients recommendations if they find a condition conducive to pest problems, i.e. “harboring areas.”
- Additionally, technicians will notify clients about any pests that are present, and what to expect and look for after treatment.