Pop quiz! What’s in your home’s air ducts?
You probably have no idea – but that’s OK. Most folks don’t know, and honestly, you may not want to know.
The air ducts at your home or business could be home to dust, bacteria, pollen, dander, insects and rodent droppings. As clean air flows through the ducts, all of those germs could be flowing into the air you breathe.
Of course, it’s natural to have some dust and dander in your air ducts. However, when it builds up, it can lead to allergies or other illnesses. Damp air ducts are the perfect breeding ground for mold and mildew, which can make allergies worse and can even make you seriously ill.
Besides health hazards, dirty air ducts can affect your HVAC system. The system will have to work harder – and therefore, you are likely to spend more on utility bills – if the ducts are clogged or dirty.
Have you ever walked into your home and it… smelled? Pets, cleaning products, cigarettes, paint fumes and food are a few reasons why your house may have a musty smell. When you clean out the contaminants in your air ducts, you can enjoy a fresh-smelling home.
So, why should you have your air ducts cleaned? Let’s review, class:
- Cleaning your air ducts reduces the amount of bacteria, dirt, dust, dander and fungus in the air you breathe.
- It improves your HVAC’s efficiency and could reduce utility costs.
- It improves air quality for folks with asthma or other respiratory illnesses.
- It lessens your exposure to allergens and pathogens.
- It clears out any stubborn, less-than-fresh stenches.
In addition to all of our residential and commercial pest control and prevention services, Ark also offers duct cleaning services!
Give us a call and we’ll take care of your air ducts, whether they are in your home or in your business. Contact us today.